Pineapple Date cookies
|Butter||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Firmly packed brown sugar||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Orange rind||2 Tablespoon, grated|
|Dates||1 Cup (16 tbs), chopped|
|Crushed pineapple||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs), drained|
|Pineapple juice||1 Tablespoon|
|All purpose flour||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Baking powder||1 Teaspoon|
|Baking soda||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
1) Preheat oven moderately to 375°F (190°C).
2) Grease cookie sheets lightly with butter.
3) For the Electric Mixer Method, cream butter in a bowl.
4) Beat sugar and cream together till fluffy.
5) Continue beating with egg, grated rind, chopped dates, drained pineapple and pineapple juice mixed together.
6) In a large bowl mix thoroughly remaining ingredients.
7) Blend in creamed mixture and beat till mixed well.
8) For the Food Processor Method, begin with chopping date with a teaspoonful of flour. Keep aside.
9) With a vegetable peeler cut strips off orange and process with metal blade with 1/2 teaspoon sugar. Keep aside in workbowl.
10) Beat butter till creamy.
11) Add sugar and process until fluffy.
12) While the processor is running add egg and process well.
13) Blend in dates, drained pineapple and juice.
14) In a medium bowl mix thoroughly remaining ingredients.
15) Add the batter to workbowl one half at a time and process.
16) On the cookies sheets drop one tablespoons of the batter at a time.
17) Put in preheated oven to bake for 12-15 minutes till golden.
18) Shift to wire racks and let it cool.
19) Serve as a snack with any hot beverage.