Chocolate, Date And Nutloaf
|Water/Null||4 Fluid Ounce (100 Milliliter)|
|Stoned dates/Null||3 Ounce, chopped (75 Gram)|
|Plain flour/Null||5 Ounce (150 Gram)|
|Castor sugar/Null||1 Ounce (25 Gram)|
|Salt/Null||1⁄2 Teaspoon (Leveled) (2.5 Milliliter)|
|Baking powder/Null||1⁄2 Teaspoon (Leveled) (2.5 Milliliter)|
|Soda bicarbonate/Null||1⁄2 Teaspoon (Leveled) (2.5 Milliliter)|
|Butter/Margarine||1 Ounce (25 Gram)|
|Plain chocolate/Null||3 Ounce (75 Gram)|
|Egg/Null||1 , beaten (Null)|
|Walnuts/Null||3 Ounce, chopped (75 Gram)|
|Milk/Null||2 Fluid Ounce (50 Milliliter)|
1. Grease a 900 g (2 lb) ovenproof glass loaf dish. Place the water and dates in a small ovenproof glass howl, cover with cling film and microwave on HIGH for 5 minutes. Leave to stand, covered.
2. Meanwhile, sift the flour, sugar, salt, baking powder and bicarbonate of soda into a mixing bowl.
3. Place the butter and chocolate in a small ovenproof glass bowl and microwave on LOW for 3-5 minutes or until melted. Add this to the dry ingredients with the dates, egg, walnuts and enough milk to make a very soft dropping consistency. Spoon the mixture into the prepared dish and smooth the top.
4. Shield each end of the dish with a small piece of smooth foil, shiny side in. Cover with cling film and microwave on HIGH for 8-9 minutes, giving the dish a quarter turn three or four times during cooking. Remove the cling film and foil and microwave on HIGH for 1-1 1/2 minutes or until the cake is cooked, when a wooden cocktail stick or skewer inserted in the centre comes out clean.
5. Allow the cake to stand in the dish for 5-10 minutes before carefully turning it out on to a rack to cool.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 2149 Calories from Fat 965
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 113 g174.2%
Saturated Fat 38.1 g190.5%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 278.4 mg92.8%
Sodium 1219.7 mg50.8%
Total Carbohydrates 275 g91.6%
Dietary Fiber 20.9 g83.7%
Sugars 134.5 g
Protein 35 g71%
Vitamin A 20.8% Vitamin C 2.4%
Calcium 36.9% Iron 42.3%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet