Braised Soy Fish With Red Dates
|Chinese dates||6 (Colored Red)|
|Dried mushrooms||10 (Colored Black)|
|Bacon||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Bamboo shoots||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Water chestnuts||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Fresh ginger root slices||2|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm)|
|Water||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Soy sauce||1 Tablespoon|
|Sesame oil||3 Drop|
|Head of lettuce||1|
|Chinese parsley||1 Tablespoon|
1. Separately soak Chinese red dates and dried mushrooms.
2. Shred bacon, bamboo shoots, water chestnuts, ginger root, soaked dates and mushrooms. Mince scallion stalk; crush garlic.
3. Pick up steps 1, 2 and 4 of Basic Braised Soy Fish, but add salt and crushed garlic to heated oil before fish.
4. Arrange shredded ingredients and scallion on top of fish in pan. Add water, soy sauce, sherry, sugar, pepper and sesame oil. Bring to a boil; then simmer, covered, 20 minutes.
5. Shred lettuce and arrange on a serving platter. Place fish, with topping intact, on lettuce bed. Garnish with Chinese parsley and serve.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 8391 Calories from Fat 2259
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 251 g386.7%
Saturated Fat 43.5 g217.5%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 3567.6 mg1189.2%
Sodium 8183 mg341%
Total Carbohydrates 75 g25.1%
Dietary Fiber 13 g51.9%
Sugars 12 g
Protein 1376 g2752.4%
Vitamin A 677.1% Vitamin C 238.2%
Calcium 104.4% Iron 320.4%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet