|Milk||3 Cup (48 tbs)|
|Vanilla essence||1 Teaspoon|
1. Mix the milk with 9 teaspoons of sugar and boil for 5 minutes. Cool.
2. Beat the eggs very well and add to the cold milk.
3. Add the vanilla essence. Mix well.
4. Mix 3 teaspoons of sugar and 1 teaspoon of water in a vessel. Melt on a slow flame. When the liquid becomes dark in colour, spread it evenly over the base of a vessel.
5. Wait for a few minutes. The sugar will become dry.
6. Pour the egg-milk mixture over it.
7. Cover the vessel with a lid or tie a piece of brown paper on top.
8. Put the vessel in a pressure cooker and cook. Alternatively, steam the pudding but this requires about 1 hour.
9. Cool the pudding and chill in the freezer compartment of a refrigerator.
10. When you want to serve, turn it on a plate. It drops easily. Serve cold.