Lagan Nu Custard ( Wedding Custard )
|Full cream milk||3 Liter|
|Condensed milk||1⁄2 Can (5 oz)|
|Boiled and sliced almonds||15|
|Boiled and sliced pistachios||50 Gram|
|Powdered nutmeg||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Powdered cardamom||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Vanilla essence||1 1⁄2 Teaspoon|
1. Bring the milk to a boil in a large heavy bottomed pan. Remove from the fire and stir in the condensed milk, sugar and cook over a slow fire. Taste the milk and add another half cup of sugar only if necessary. Keep stirring the milk till it is sticky and ivory in colour. Remove from the fire and cool.
2. Grease a Pyrex dish or two small ones with butter.
3. Beat the eggs till frothy and stir into the cooled milk. Beat in the vanilla and nutmeg-cardamom powder. Pour into the Pyrex dishes and bake in the oven at 350Ã‚Â°F till golden brown.
4. Remove from the oven, top with the sliced nuts and pop it back into the oven and switch off.
5. Chill and serve, preferably the next day.