Hi everyone and welcome to the GialloZafferano kitchen. I'm Sonia and today we'll be preparing pastry custard -- one of the condiments most used in the kitchen for filling desserts
3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)
Vanilla pod/Lemon zest
1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)
2 Cup (32 tbs), divided
1. In a medium size pot pour the 1 cup of milk and the score vanilla pod.
2. Bring the milk to a soft boil, turn off the heat once soft boil appears, let the milk to cool and absorb the aroma of the vanilla.
3. In a bowl combine egg yolks and sugar and beat them together using a whisk, add flour and whisk again and finally add the remaining 1 cup of milk, whisk everything well.
4. Remove the vanilla pod from the cooled milk and add the egg mixture, cook the custard on low heat until the custard thickens.
5. Once done transfer the custard in a smaller container and to prevent the surface from drying cover it with plastic wrap.
6. Let the custard cool in the refrigerator before serving.
7. Serve the custard with your choice of topping after a hearty meal.