1) In a mixing bowl, sift together flour and salt. Add butter and lard, cut until the mixture resembles fine breadcrumbs.
2) Add water to form firm dough.
3) On a lightly floured board and roll it into a round large enough to line an 8-inch pie plate, placed on a baking tin.
4) Put the roll on a plate and line it pastry with a round greaseproof paper.
5) Add the baking beans or crusts of bread. Bake in a moderately hot oven on the second shelf from the top for 10 minutes.
6) Remove the paper and beans or crusts of bread and bake again for 5 minutes.
7) Cool a bit and then fill it with sliced bananas and pour over heated custard.