Banana Custard Tart
|All purpose flour||6 Ounce|
|Lard||1 1⁄2 Ounce|
|Butter||1 1⁄2 Ounce|
|Custard||1 Can (10 oz)|
1) In a mixing bowl, sift together flour and salt. Add butter and lard, cut until the mixture resembles fine breadcrumbs.
2) Add water to form firm dough.
3) On a lightly floured board and roll it into a round large enough to line an 8-inch pie plate, placed on a baking tin.
4) Put the roll on a plate and line it pastry with a round greaseproof paper.
5) Add the baking beans or crusts of bread. Bake in a moderately hot oven on the second shelf from the top for 10 minutes.
6) Remove the paper and beans or crusts of bread and bake again for 5 minutes.
7) Cool a bit and then fill it with sliced bananas and pour over heated custard.
8) Serve banana custard tart hot or cold.
Calories 565 Calories from Fat 253
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 28 g43.5%
Saturated Fat 12.3 g61.5%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 58 mg19.3%
Sodium 233.5 mg9.7%
Total Carbohydrates 70 g23.2%
Dietary Fiber 3.5 g14%
Sugars 21.1 g
Protein 10 g20.9%
Vitamin A 6.5% Vitamin C 13.1%
Calcium 8% Iron 12.3%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet