Rum Custard Sauce
|Sugar||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Milk||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Grated lemon peel||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Egg yolks||2 , slightly beaten|
|Vanilla extract||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Light rum||2 Tablespoon|
1) In a medium saucepan, add in sugar and cornstarch. Slowly add in the milk.
2) Stir continously till the mixture smoothens.
3) Add in the lemon peel.
4) Let the mixture come to a boil, while continously stirring.
5) Boil the mixture for 1 minute.
6) Add in a little of the hot mixture into the egg yolks. Transfer the mixture back into the saucepan while stirring continously.
7) Let the mixture boil before taking the pan off the flame.
8) Add in the vanilla.
9) Cover the sauce and chill for a minimum of 3 hours.
10) Lastly, add in the rum. Stir well.
11) Serve the Custard Sauce garnished with chopped fruits or candied fruits, if desired.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 884 Calories from Fat 204
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 23 g34.9%
Saturated Fat 11.3 g56.5%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 415.4 mg138.5%
Sodium 197.1 mg8.2%
Total Carbohydrates 139 g46.4%
Dietary Fiber 0.4 g1.6%
Sugars 124.1 g
Protein 19 g38.8%
Vitamin A 17.9% Vitamin C 5.4%
Calcium 55.4% Iron 5.9%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet