Apricot Sour Cream Flan
|9 inch deep dish frozen pie crust||1|
|Eggs||3 , separated|
|Sugar||2⁄3 Cup (10.67 tbs)|
|Sour cream||2⁄3 Cup (10.67 tbs)|
|Golden raisins||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs), chopped|
|Lemon||1 , rind finely grated|
|Ground cloves||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Confectioners sugar||1 Tablespoon (for dusting)|
|Canned apricot halves||16 1⁄2 Ounce, drained (1 can)|
|Lemon||1 , juiced|
|Medium sherry||1 Tablespoon|
|Blanched almonds||1 Tablespoon|
1) Preheat oven to temperature of 425 degrees.
2) Life out the pie crust very carefully and fit it into a 9-inch flan pan.
3) Press well to fir the sides and then put the pan in the fridge.
4) To make the cream filling, first beat the egg yolks with the sugar with the help of an electric mixer till the mixture is pale and thick.
5) Add the sour cream, lemon rind, golden raisins, cinnamon, cloves and salt to taste. Beat well.
6) In a clean, dry bowl, beat the egg whites till they are stiff and standing in peaks.
7) Fold the egg whites into the sour cream very gently.
8) Into the chilled pie crust, spoon the mixture.
9) Bake in the preheated oven for about 15 minutes. Reduce the temperature to 350 degrees and continue to beat for another 20 minutes.
10) Take the preparation out of the oven and leave it aside for 10 minutes to cool.
11) Remove the pan-€™s sides and slide the flan onto a serving plate. Cool it completely.
12) While the flan is cooling, make the sauce. Keep about 6 apricot halves aside for garnish and put the remainder in a food processor or blender along with the lemon juice, almonds and sherry. Blend well till smooth and then put the sauce in a serving pitcher.
13) Slice the reserved apricot halves into thirds and dust them with confectioners-€™ sugar. Garnish the top with them.
14) Serve the flan chilled or at room temperature, as preferred. Serve the sauce separately for added flavor. Makes a good dessert.
Calories 599 Calories from Fat 133
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 15 g23.3%
Saturated Fat 6.4 g32.1%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 179.7 mg59.9%
Sodium 242.2 mg10.1%
Total Carbohydrates 116 g38.7%
Dietary Fiber 5.6 g22.3%
Sugars 90.2 g
Protein 9 g18.4%
Vitamin A 8.4% Vitamin C 52.3%
Calcium 15.6% Iron 23.4%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet