Fresh Corn Custard
|Chopped green pepper||2 Tablespoon|
|Corn cut from cob||2 Cup (32 tbs) (Fresh)|
|Natural cheddar cheese||1⁄2 Pound, grated|
|All-purpose flour||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Ground white pepper||1⁄8 Teaspoon|
|Ground nutmeg||1 Dash|
|Butter/Margarine||2 Tablespoon, melted|
|Light cream/Half and half||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Italian tomatoes||6 , halved|
|Green pepper strip||6 (2 Inches Long)|
1. Preheat oven to 325f.
2. Lightly grease a 1 1/2-quart, shallow baking dish.
3. In a small skillet heat 1 tablespoon hot butter and saute chopped green pepper just until tender-€”about 2 minutes.
4. In a large bowl, mix well combining corn, eggs, cheese and green pepper.
5. In a small bowl, combine flour, salt, pepper, sugar and nutmeg and stir into corn mixture.
6. add butter and cream and mix well.
7. Pour into prepared baking dish and arrange tomatoes and green-pepper strips around edge.
8. On oven rack set baking dish in a pan and pour hot water to 1 -inch depth around baking dish.
9. Bake uncovered for 1 hour and 10 minutes until custard is firm and knife inserted in center comes out clean.
10. Serve the custard hot with garnish as desired.