Matthew Flinder's Tuna Flan
|Shortcrust pastry||6 Ounce|
|For the filling:|
|Butter||1 1⁄2 Ounce|
|Flour||1 1⁄2 Ounce|
|Lemon juice||1 Tablespoon, squeezed|
|Canned tuna fish||12 Ounce (1 Large Can)|
|Finely chopped parsley||1 Teaspoon|
|Canned anchovy fillets||2 Ounce (Small Can)|
1. Preheat oven at 425-450°F or Gas Mark 6-7.
2. On a floured board, roll the pastry dough such that it can line a 7- or 8-inch flan ring on an upturned baking tin. It should be about 1/4 inch in thickness.
3. Bake it in a hot oven at 425-450°F or Gas Mark 6-7 for 20-25 minutes.
4. For the filling, take a saucepan. Melt butter and add flour.
5. Add milk slowly while stirring it continuously. Bring it to a boil and cook until it thickens.
6. Season with salt and pepper and cook for 2 minutes.
7. Remove from flame and add lemon juice.
8. Add flaked tuna fish and parsley.
9. Stuff the flan with the filling and place anchovy fillets over it so that it looks like the spokes of a wheel.
10. Serve Matthew Flinders Flan hot or cold with grilled tomatoes.
Calories 378 Calories from Fat 192
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 21 g32.9%
Saturated Fat 9 g45%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 51.7 mg17.2%
Sodium 852.2 mg35.5%
Total Carbohydrates 15 g5%
Dietary Fiber 0.34 g1.4%
Sugars 3.4 g
Protein 30 g60.8%
Vitamin A 10% Vitamin C 5.6%
Calcium 11.5% Iron 11.9%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet