Pear And Chocolate Ice Box Flan Cake
|White rum||1 Tablespoon|
|Chocolate spread||8 Ounce (1 bought carton)|
|Double cream||3 Ounce (1/8th pint, 1/2 of 6-oz carton)|
|Softened unsalted butter||4 Ounce|
|Canned pear halves in light syrup||15 Ounce, drained (1 can)|
|Chopped mixed nuts||1 Ounce|
1. Drain the pear halves and cut them in to half horizontally
2. Prepare the flan cases by placing them on a plate and sprinkle the cases with the rum.
3. In a basin, pour out half of the chocolate spread.
4. In another basin, whip the cream till it is stiff and then add 1/2 the butter to the chocolate and whip again till stiff and smooth.
5. Mix all three mixtures together to form a smooth and well blended mixture.
6. Pour this into the centre of the flan case and sprinkle with the nuts.
7. Place the pear halves in a flat layer on the chocolate mixture.
8. In a small basin, mix the 4 oz chocolate spread and 2 oz butter to form a uniform mixture with the rest of the nuts to make a uniform mixture.
9. Fill the second flan case with this mixture, using some in a thin layer on the rim. Invert the second case on top of the first case covering the pears completely and set aside to chill.
10. Serve chilled or pack the cake in polyethylene for later use.