Bulgur Raisin Custard
|Bulgur||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Warm milk||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Raisins||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Honey||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Egg yolks||3 , beaten|
|Egg whites||3 , stiffly beaten|
1) Preheat oven to 325°F.
2) Oil an ovenproof casserole.
3) Mix bulgur and milk and let stand, covered, for about 1 hour.
4) Stir raisins, honey, cinnamon, and egg yolks into bulgur mixture.
5) Mix thoroughly, then fold in egg whites.
6) In the oiled ovenproof casserole, pour the batter and set casserole in a pan of hot water, and bake 1 hour and 15 minutes.
7) Serve the custard as dessert.