Bacon And Mushroom Flan
|Rindless bacon rashers||3 Small, chopped|
|Fresh mushrooms||6 Ounce, sliced thinly (185 Gram)|
|Shallots||1⁄2 Bunch (50 gm), chopped|
|Short crust pastry||6 Ounce (185 Gram)|
|Milk||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Cream||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Cayenne pepper||1 Pinch|
|Shredded cheese||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Dry mustard||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
1) Preheat the oven to 450°F.
2) Roll the pastry and line a 8 inch tart plate.
3) In a skillet, saute the bacon, mushrooms and shallots until soft.
4) Allow to cool, then spread the bacon-mushroom mixture over the pastry shell.
5) In a bowl, beat the eggs and combine with the milk, cream, cayenne, cheese and mustard.
6) Mix thoroughly and spoon over the bacon mixture.
7) Bake in the preheated oven for 10 minutes.
8) Then lower the oven temperature to 350° F and bake for another 30 minutes or until the custard is set and lightly browned.
9) Slice the Bacon and Mushroom Flan into wedges and serve warm.