Bacon and Mushroom Flan
|Rindless bacon rashers||3 Small, chopped|
|Fresh mushrooms||6 Ounce, sliced thinly (185 Gram)|
|Shallots||1⁄2 Bunch (50 gm), chopped|
|Short crust pastry||6 Ounce (185 Gram)|
|Milk||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Cream||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Cayenne pepper||1 Pinch|
|Shredded cheese||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Dry mustard||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
1) Preheat the oven to 450°F.
2) Roll the pastry and line a 8 inch tart plate.
3) In a skillet, saute the bacon, mushrooms and shallots until soft.
4) Allow to cool, then spread the bacon-mushroom mixture over the pastry shell.
5) In a bowl, beat the eggs and combine with the milk, cream, cayenne, cheese and mustard.
6) Mix thoroughly and spoon over the bacon mixture.
7) Bake in the preheated oven for 10 minutes.
8) Then lower the oven temperature to 350° F and bake for another 30 minutes or until the custard is set and lightly browned.
9) Slice the Bacon and Mushroom Flan into wedges and serve warm.
Calories 235 Calories from Fat 115
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 13 g19.7%
Saturated Fat 6.6 g32.8%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 93.2 mg31.1%
Sodium 376.7 mg15.7%
Total Carbohydrates 15 g5.1%
Dietary Fiber 0.32 g1.3%
Sugars 6.4 g
Protein 15 g30.1%
Vitamin A 7.5% Vitamin C 2.2%
Calcium 30.7% Iron 4.2%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet