Mocha Custard Filling
|Instant coffee powder||1⁄8 Teaspoon|
|Milk||2⁄3 Cup (10.67 tbs), scalded|
1) In the top part of double boiler place together sugar, flour, instant coffee, and vanilla.
2) Gently fold in scalded milk.
3) Over simmering water, cool, stirring constantly, for 3 minutes, or until mixture thickens.
4) In a bowl, beat the egg slightly, and gently beat in the hot mixture.
5) Place the bowl back on the double boiler.
6) While still cooking and stirring constantly, for 5 minutes, or until the mixture thickens again.
7) Remove the bowl from the double boiler and allow to cool.
8) Place in refrigerator until chilled.
9) Use as required.