Queen Of Puddings With Banana Custard
|Double cream||1⁄2 Pint|
|Vanilla essence||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Fresh white breadcrumbs||4 Ounce|
|Unsalted butter||1 Ounce|
|Caster sugar||3 Ounce|
|Raspberry jam||6 Tablespoon|
|Eggs||2 Small, separated|
|Natural yogurt||5 Ounce|
|Clear honey||2 Teaspoon|
|Bananas||2 Small, thinly sliced|
1. Preheat the oven to 220 degrees centigrade.
2. In a saucepan, add milk, cream and vanilla essence and bring to the boil. Grate in the lemon rind then stir in the breadcrumbs, butter and 1 ounce sugar. Cook over a low heat for 2-3 minutes, stirring.
3. Into a 1 ½ pint ovenproof dish pour the mixture and leave for about 5 minutes to allow a skin to form.
4. In a small pan, put jam over a low heat, until melted.
5. In another bowl, whisk the egg whites until stiff, then quickly whisk in the remaining sugar. Spoon into a piping bag fitted with a large star nozzle.
6. Over the surface of the pudding, sieve the jam, then pipe the meringue mixture on top.
7. Place the mixture in the oven and bake for about 5 minutes until the meringue is golden.
8. In a small pan, put egg yolks with the yogurt and honey and place over a low heat, add bananas and cook until the mixture boils and thickens, stirring constantly.
9. Serve the pudding hot, with plenty of custard.