Cherry Custard Shortbread
|Flour||1 1⁄4 Cup (20 tbs), sifted|
|Butter/Margarine||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Vanilla pudding mix||3 1⁄2 Ounce (1 package)|
|Milk||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Sour red cherries/Cherries - 1 can (1 lb. 4 oz.), drained||2 1⁄2 Cup (40 tbs), pitted (Fresh or frozen)|
|Cherry juice||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), drained|
|Corn starch||2 Tablespoon|
|Heavy cream||1 Cup (16 tbs), whipped|
1) Preheat oven to 400°.
2) Grease a 10x6x1 1/2 baking dish and place aside.
3) In a bowl, combine flour and 2 tablespoons sugar.
4) Add butter to cut in until the mixture looks like corn meal.
5) Press the mixture at the bottom of the baking dish.
6) Place inside oven to bake for 25 minutes.
7) Bring out from the oven to cool down.
8) Follow the package direction to prepare the pudding using milk.
9) Allow the pudding to cool down.
10) In a saucepan, add 1 cup water.
11) Add the fresh or frozen cherries and cook over heat for 10 minutes.
12) Drain the cherries and reserve 1/2 cup juice.
13) In another saucepan, combine cherries, cherry juice, cornstarch and sugar.
14) Stir well and cook over low heat until slightly thick.
15) Cool and pour the mixture in the baked crust.
16) Add the toppings of cherry mixture.
17) Garnish with whipped cream to serve.
Calories 883 Calories from Fat 436
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 50 g76.3%
Saturated Fat 30.6 g153.1%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 154 mg51.3%
Sodium 433.8 mg18.1%
Total Carbohydrates 103 g34.3%
Dietary Fiber 2.8 g11%
Sugars 61.2 g
Protein 10 g20.5%
Vitamin A 61.7% Vitamin C 766.8%
Calcium 20.1% Iron 13.1%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet