Potatoes - 1 lb [500 g]; peeled, boiled and sliced
Cheddar cheese - 4 oz [100 g], grated
Bacon - 4 oz [100 g]; cooked and diced
Milk - 1/2 pint [250 ml]
Salt and pepper
1) Take an ovenproof dish and grease it.
2) In the dish, place alternate layers of potatoes, cheese and bacon, end the layers with cheese.
3) In a bowl, beat the eggs, add the milk and seasoning and pour over the potatoes.
4) In a slow oven, bake the custard at 350°F (180°C),Gas Mark 4, for 40-45 minutes.
5) Take out the custard and let stand for 10 minutes.
6) Serve the potato and cheese custard with green salad and some bread.