Cheese And Celery Flan
|Basic short crust pastry dough||1⁄2 Pound (Made From 1/2 Pound Flour)|
|Celery stalks||3 , finely chopped|
|Cheese||4 Ounce, grated|
|Prepared english mustard||1 Teaspoon|
|Freshly ground black pepper||To Taste|
1) Dust flour over the working table and roll out the dough.
2) Using the rolled dough sheet line 8 inch flan ring and set on a baking sheet.
3) Pierce the bottom of the dough with a fork.
4) Preheat the oven to 375°F.
5) Place the celery in the base of the pastry case.
6) Dredge with the cheese.
7) In a bowl, beat together eggs, milk, mustard and seasoning.
8) Spoon the egg mixture over the filling.
9) Bake in the pastry case oven for 35 minutes, until the filling is set.
10) Allow to cool over a wire rack, to remove the flan ring.
11) If you wish to freeze the dish, then do so at this stage. Freeze the flan until firm.
12) Wrap the flan in foil and pack in freezer bag.
13) Seal, label and return to freezer.
14) Serve hot with small mixed salad if desired.
15) If using the frozen flan, take off the wrapping and place on the baking sheet and allow to thaw for 4 hours.
16) Reheat in the preheated moderate oven for 25 minutes or until heated through.
17) Serve as mentioned in step 14.