|Basic short crust pastry dough||1 (Made From 6 Ounce Flour)|
|Cottage cheese||1⁄2 Pound|
|Natural yogurt||1⁄4 Pint|
|Cooked ham||4 Ounce, chopped|
|Cucumber||4 Ounce, peeled, seeded and chopped|
|Cheese||2 Ounce, grated|
|Freshly ground black pepper||To Taste|
1) Dust flour over the working table and roll out the dough.
2) Using the rolled dough sheet line 8 inch flan ring.
3) Set on a baking sheet.
4) Blind bake the pastry in hot oven 400°F for 15 minutes or until the pastry is golden brown and firm.
5) In a bowl, mix well together cottage cheese, yogurt, ham, cucumber, mayonnaise, cheese and season to taste.
6) Spoon the cheese mixture into the pastry case.
7) If you wish to freeze the dish, then do so at this stage. Freeze the flan until firm.
8) Wrap the flan in foil and pack in freezer bag.
9) Seal, label and return to freezer.
10) Serve cold with a small mixed salad if desired.
11) If using the frozen flan, take off the wrapping and thaw at room temperature for 4 hour.
13) Serve as mentioned in step 10.