Poached Ginger Peaches In Custard
|Water||4 Cup (64 tbs)|
|Honey||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Maple syrup||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Freshly squeezed lemon juice||1 Tablespoon|
|Ground cinnamon||1 Teaspoon|
|Ground ginger||1 Teaspoon|
|Peach||4 Large, firm, halved, peeled and pitted|
|Slim pastry cream||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Unflavored gelatin||1⁄2 Tablespoon (1/2 Envelope)|
|Cold water||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Skim milk||1 Cup (16 tbs), divided|
|Vanilla extract||1 Teaspoon|
1) In a medium saucepan, combine water, honey, maple syrup, lemon juice, cinnamon and ginger.
2) Bring the mixture to a boil, then allow to simmer over a low heat.
3) Place the peaches in the poaching liquid and poach for about 10 minutes until tender.
4) Remove with a slotted spoon with spices to clinging to the peaches and allow to cool on a plate in a single layer.
5) Slim Pastry Cream : In a small saucepan, soften the gelatin in cold water for 5 minutes, then heat until the gelatin is dissolved.
6) In a medium saucepan, heat 3/4 cup skim milk.
7) In an airtight jar, shake 1/4 cup skim milk and cornstarch together, or whisk together until thoroughly blended.
8) In a small bowl, beat the egg yolks and honey together until pale.
9) Then beat in the cornstarch mixture.
10) Pour hot skim milk in the top of a double boiler set over hot water.
11) Gradually whisk in egg yolk mixture, stir constantly and cook, until the custard is thickened.
12) Remove from heat, turn into a medium-size bowl and stir in the gelatin along with the vanilla extract. Allow to cool
13) Spoon the slim pastry cream over the peaches and serve the Poached Ginger Peaches in Custard immediately.