Frozen Nectarine Custard
|Honey||3 Tablespoon, divided|
|Egg||1 , separated|
|Skim milk||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs), divided|
|Vanilla extract||1 Teaspoon|
|Freshly squeezed lemon juice||1 Teaspoon|
1) Peel and pit the nectarines, then cut into quarters.
2) In a small bowl, beat 2 tablespoons of the honey and egg yolk.
3) In a small saucepan, stir and pour 1 cup skim milk .
4) In an airtight jar, shake rest of the skim milk and cornstarch together.
5) Whisk into the egg yolk mixture, until thoroughly blended.
6) Cook over a low heat, stirring constantly for about 10 minutes, until the mixture is thickened.
7) Stir in the vanilla extract.
8) In a blender or food processor, puree the nectarines with lemon juice and 1 tablespoon honey.
9) In a medium bowl, stir the puree into the custard, blend thoroughly.
10) Freeze for about 2 hours, until almost firm, beating at an interval of 30 to 40 minutes.
10) When almost firm, beat in the egg white for about 3 minutes, scraping down sides of the bowl.
11) Cover and freeze further until firm.
12) Serve the Frozen Nectarine Custard in custard bowls.
Calories 194 Calories from Fat 18
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 2 g3.2%
Saturated Fat 0.54 g2.7%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 54.6 mg18.2%
Sodium 63.7 mg2.7%
Total Carbohydrates 40 g13.3%
Dietary Fiber 3.7 g14.7%
Sugars 30.7 g
Protein 7 g13.7%
Vitamin A 15.5% Vitamin C 21.3%
Calcium 12.7% Iron 5.2%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet