|Bacon streaky rashers||4 Ounce, rinds removed and diced|
|Dried mushroom soup mix||1 Pint (1 Packet)|
|Creamy milk||7 Tablespoon|
|Ground black pepper||To Taste|
|Pastry case||8 Inch, baked|
|Cheese||2 Ounce, grated|
1) Preheat the oven to 350°F.
2) In a non-stick pan, sautÃ© the bacon in its own fat for 3 to 5 minutes until lightly coloured.
3) Using a perforated ladle, remove the bacon for pan and drain on paper towel.
4) In a bowl, place the soup mix, with little milk and blend well to mix.
5) Beat in the remaining milk, the eggs and season to taste.
6) Place the bacon in the base of the pastry case.
7) Spoon the milk mixture over the bacon and dredge with the cheese.
8) Bake in the oven for 25 minutes, until the filling is set.
9) If you wish to freeze the dish, then do so at this stage. Freeze the flan until firm.
10) Wrap the flan in foil and pack in freezer bag.
11) Seal, label and return to freezer.
12) Serve hot with small mixed salad if desired.
13) If using the frozen flan, take off the wrapping and place on the baking sheet and allow to thaw for 2 hours.
14) Reheat in the preheated moderate oven for 25 minutes or until heated through.
15) Serve as mentioned in step 12.