Sweet Corn And Pepper Flan
|Onion||1 Medium, peeled and chopped|
|Green pepper||1 Large, cored, seeded and chopped|
|White coating sauce||1⁄2 Pint|
|Cheddar cheese||3 Ounce, grated|
|Frozen sweet corn||1⁄2 Pound|
|Prepared mustard||1 Teaspoon|
|Freshly ground black pepper||To Taste|
|8 inch baked pastry shell||1|
1) Preheat the oven to 350°F.
2) In a pan, melt the butter and saute the onion and green pepper for 5 minutes.
3) Add the in sauce with 2 oz. cheese, the corn, mustard and season to taste.
4) Allow the cheese mixture to boil, and take off from the heat.
5) Spoon the cheese mixture into the pastry case.
6) Dredge the remaining cheese over the top.
7) Bake in the oven for 25 minutes or until the filling is set.
8) Allow cooling over a wire rack, to remove the flan ring.
9) If you wish to freeze the dish, then do so at this stage. Freeze the unbaked flan until firm.
10) Wrap the flan in foil and pack in freezer bag.
11) Seal, label and return to freezer.
12) Serve hot with a small mixed salad if desired.
13) If using the frozen flan, take off the wrapping and place on the baking pan.
14) Reheat in preheated oven for 25 minutes or until heated through.
15) Serve as mentioned in step 12.