Sweet Corn And Garlic Sausage Flan
|Basic shortcrust pastry dough||1 (made with 1 pound flour)|
|Onion||1 , peeled and chopped|
|Dried mixed herbs||1 Teaspoon|
|Canned sweet corn||1 Ounce, drained|
|Garlic sausage||4 Ounce, chopped|
|Tomatoes||2 , peeled and chopped|
|Creamy milk/Single cream||1⁄2 Pint|
|Freshly ground black pepper||To Taste|
|Cheddar cheese||2 Ounce, grated|
1) Preheat the oven to 350°F.
2) Dust flour over the working table and roll out the dough.
3) Using the rolled dough sheet line a 10 inch flan ring and set on a baking sheet.
4) In a pan, melt the butter and sautÃ© onion until soft.
5) Place the onion to the pastry case and top with corn, garlic, sausage and tomatoes.
6) In a bowl, beat together milk or cream, eggs and seasoning to taste.
7) Spoon the egg mixture over the filling and dredge with the cheese.
8) Bake in the oven for 35 minutes, until the filling is set.
9) Allow to cool over a wire rack, to remove the flan ring.
10) If you wish to freeze the dish, then do so at this stage. Place the flan between 2 cardboard sheets.
11) Fastened with freezer tape and pack in freezer bag.
12) Seal, label and return to freezer.
13) Serve hot with small mixed salad.
14) If using the frozen flan, take off the wrapping and place the flan on a baking sheet.
15) Reheat from frozen in a preheated moderately hot oven for 35 minutes or until well heated.
16) Serve as mentioned in step 13.