Moulded Rice Custard
|Milk||4 Cup (64 tbs)|
|Sugar||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|White rice||2 Cup (32 tbs), packaged precooked|
|Frozen peaches||20 Ounce, sliced (2 Packages, 10 Ounce Each)|
|Vanilla pudding and pie filling mix||3 1⁄4 Ounce (1 Package)|
|Orange juice/Light rum||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Apricot preserves||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Crystallized violets/Blueberries / slivered almonds||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
1. Drain peaches, reserving liquid.
2. In large saucepan, bring to boiling combining 3 cups milk and the sugar and mix with fork adding rice.
3. Over low heat, cook rice, stirring occasionally with a fork, 8 minutes-€”no longer.
4. Rice will absorb liquid if it stands.
5. In medium saucepan, bring to boiling combining pudding mix, 3/4 cup reserved peach liquid and 1 cup milk with frequent stirring.
6. Remove from heat and add 1/4 cup orange juice.
7. Mix well with fork adding 3/4 cup vanilla pudding to rice along with 1 package peaches.
8. Transfer into a mold or bowl about 5 inches in diameter and 4 1/2 inches deep without packing.
9. Let it chill quickly placing in a freezer.
10. Also, place rest of pudding in freezer to chill quickly about 15 minutes.
11. In a small saucepan, melt apricot preserves with remaining orange juice and add remaining peaches.
12. Place rice onto a serving platter and pour chilled pudding over top and around bottom.
13. Arrange peaches in preserves around edge, decorate top with peaches and crystallized violets or blue berries or slivered almonds, as desired and serve.