Fruit Medley Flan
|Shortcrust pastry||8 Ounce (Made From 150 Gram / 6 Ounce Flour)|
|Prepared fruit||12 Ounce (300 Grams, Apples / Pears / Canned / Frozen Peaches / Apricots / Raspberries)|
|Castor sugar||2 Ounce (50 Grams)|
|Vanilla essence||1 Teaspoon (Or As Required)|
|Self-raising flour||1 Ounce (25 Grams)|
|Apricot jam||3 Tablespoon (Or As Required)|
|Almonds||2 Tablespoon, flaked (Or As Required)|
1) Preheat the oven at (200°C, 400°F/Gas 6).
2) Roll out the pastry sheet.
3) Use a 20-cm (8-in) fluted flan ring to line.
4) Spread all the fruit mixture over the pastry.
5) In a bowl, add egg and sugar to whisk in.
6) Add few drops of vanilla essence into the mixture.
7) Support the pastry on the rolling pin while lining the flan dish the flour.
8) Pour over the fruit.
9) Place inside oven to bake in the centre of the oven for 1/2 hour.
10) Remove the flan ring and bake for a further 5 minutes.
11) To serve the flan, brush the surface with sieved apricot jam.Serve warm or cold with cream or custard.