|Double cream||1 Pint|
|Vanilla pod||1 , split|
|Caster sugar||5 Tablespoon|
1) Set the oven at 325° F or Mark 3.
2) Using a double boiler, add the cream and the vanilla pod in the top.
3) Place lid and scald.
4) In a bowl, add yolks and 1 tablespoon sugar and beat with spoon till color turns light.
5) Discard the vanilla pod and add the mix to the egg yolk mix.
6) Mix well and place on heat.
7) Over gentle heat, allow mix to thicken without reaching boiling. Stirring continuously.
8) Into a baking dish strain the mix and place in oven for 5-8 minutes, till the top forms a skin.
9) Set aside in a cool place for several hours till set.
10) Pre-heat the grill.
11) Sprinkle the rest of the sugar over the cream place it 4 inches away from the heat in the grill to caramelize.
12) Refrigerate for 2-3 hours before serving.
13) A bowl of sugared raspberries, strawberries or currants, or any other fruit served at the side of the cream.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 2750 Calories from Fat 2328
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 259 g397.9%
Saturated Fat 5.7 g28.7%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 740.3 mg246.8%
Sodium 28.8 mg1.2%
Total Carbohydrates 87 g29.2%
Dietary Fiber 2 g7.9%
Sugars 76 g
Protein 17 g33.4%
Vitamin A 17.3% Vitamin C
Calcium 10.4% Iron 9.1%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet