Cheese And Tomato Flan
|Shortcrust pastry/Cheese pastry||4 Ounce|
|Pepper||3 Dash (3 shakes)|
|Cheese||2 Ounce, finely grated|
1. Pre-heat the oven to Regulo 7 or 425°F.
2. Using a knife, thinly slice tomatoes.
3. Prepare the shortcrust or cheese pastry or use a ready made one from the store.
4. On a lightly floured board, roll out the pastry. But roll carefully to a round just large enough to line flan tin.
5. Take a 7 inch flan tin with and line it with pastry. Trim and decorate edges. Blind bake, a third of the way down the oven for 15 to 20 minutes, or until pale golden brown.
6. Remove flan case from tin and keep on a baking sheet or heat proof plate.
7. In a small basin, beat egg and milk together until smooth; add seasonings and finely grated cheese.
8. Transfer the cheese mixture into flan case. Lower the oven settings to Regulo 3 or 300°F and bake half way down the oven for about 15 to 20 minutes until set but not brown.
9. Take away the flan case from oven. Decorate with thinly sliced tomato and return to oven to brown for about 10 minutes.
10. Sprinkle parsley. Serve hot or cold.