|Shredded cheddar cheese||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Milk||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Eggs||2 , lightly beaten|
|Cayenne pepper||To Taste|
|Prepared mustard||1 Teaspoon|
1) Preheat oven to temperature of 350 degrees.
2) Over low heat, stir the cheese and milk till the cheese has melted. Ensure that the milk does not boil.
3) Take the pan off the heat and add the eggs, Season with pepper, salt, mustard and a pinch of cayenne.
4) Into a buttered 1-quart ovenproof dish or 4 individual casseroles or ramekins, pour the egg mixture.
5) Bake in preheated oven for about 20 minutes in case a single large dish is being used and 10 minutes for small molds, till the mixture is set.
6) Serve hot after removing from the dish or casseroles. The preparation makes a good appetizer and can be served with some salad on the side.
Calories 216 Calories from Fat 137
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 15 g23.6%
Saturated Fat 8.9 g44.7%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 147.3 mg49.1%
Sodium 375.2 mg15.6%
Total Carbohydrates 6 g2.1%
Dietary Fiber 0.12 g0.47%
Sugars 6.2 g
Protein 13 g25.9%
Vitamin A 14.9% Vitamin C 0.35%
Calcium 34.4% Iron 2.9%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet