Cheese And Egg Custard
|Farmer cheese/Pot cheese||1 Pound|
|Eggs||10 , beaten|
|Grated nutmeg||To Taste|
|Butter||7 Tablespoon, beaten until soft|
|Tepid milk||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Salt pork||1⁄4 Pound, rind removed, diced, blanched in boiling water for 5 minutes and drained|
|Heavy cream||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs), warmed|
1) Preheat oven to temperature of 325 degrees.
2) For 2 to 3 minutes, fry the salt-pork dice (till they start to turn crisp). Drain.
3) Mix together the cheese, salt, pepper and a pinch of nutmeg in a bowl.
4) Add the butter. This can be avoided if the cheese is very creamy and rich.
5) Add the eggs and stir well, and then add the milk into the cheese.
6) Add the pork dice. Stir well.
7) Into a greased 2-quart charlotte mold or 2 greased 1-quart molds, pour the mixture.
8) In a bain-marie, place the mold or molds and bake in preheated oven till the custard has set. This usually takes about 40 minutes of baking for the smaller molds and 1 hour of baking for the large mold.
9) From the bain-marie, remove the custard and allow it to settle for about 10 minutes.
10) Remove the custard and pour the cream all over it.
11) Serve the custard while it is still hot, on a decorative serving platter.