Egg Custard Soup
|Mushrooms||8 , dried (Japanese Or Chinese, If Available)|
|Chicken/1 cup diced shrimp||1 Cup (16 tbs), julienne-cut cooked|
|Water chestnuts||4 , diced|
|Peas||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), cooked|
|Scallions||2 , chopped|
|Eggs||4 , beaten|
|Salt||1 1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Beef broth||3 Cup (48 tbs)|
1) Wash the mushrooms, place it in saucepan and cover with water.
2) Bring to boil, remove from heat and let it soak for 1 hour.
3) Drain the mushrooms and dice.
4) In a bowl, mix together mushrooms, chicken or shrimps, water chestnuts, peas, scallions and sherry.
5) Divide the mixture among 6 custard bowls.
6) In another bowl, combine eggs, salt, pepper and broth together.
7) Pour into the custard bowls.
8) Cover with the spinach or lettuce leaves.
9) In a large saucepan containing 3 inches of boiling water, place the custard bowls.
10) Cover the saucepan, cook over low heat for 20 minutes or until the mixture is set.
11) Serve with a slice of lemon peel.