|Milk||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Sugar||2 Tablespoon (Or To Taste)|
|Eggs||2 , beaten|
|Unsalted butter||1 Tablespoon, flaked|
1. In a 1 quart bowl, blend cornstarch with a little milk to a thin cream.
2. Heat the rest of the milk in a saucepan until steaming.
3. Stir it gradually into the cornstarch.
4. Return the mixture to the pan.
5. Heat to the boiling point, stirring constantly.
6. Boil for 2 minutes.
7. Remove the pan from the heat, and stir in the sugar and vanilla.
8. Cool to hand-hot. Then stir a little of the warm mixture into the egg yolks.
9. Return the mixture to the pan. Over very low heat, stir the custard to thicken the egg yolks; do not boil.
10. Add the butter, and stir until it melts.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 473 Calories from Fat 229
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 26 g39.7%
Saturated Fat 12.9 g64.6%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 466.5 mg155.5%
Sodium 187.7 mg7.8%
Total Carbohydrates 46 g15.3%
Dietary Fiber 0.09 g0.36%
Sugars 36.7 g
Protein 16 g32.7%
Vitamin A 19.5% Vitamin C
Calcium 18.5% Iron 10.7%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet