Apricot Cheese Flan
|Flour||1 Cup (16 tbs), sifted|
|Butter/Margarine||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Apricot halves||1 Can (10 oz) (No. 2)|
|Cottage cheese||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Lemon juice||1⁄2 Tablespoon|
|Sour cream||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
1. Preheat oven at 400°F.
2. Drain apricot halves well and save juice.
3. Sift together flour and salt.
4. Cut in butter until the mixture is consistency of corn meal.
5. Combine yolk and milk.
6. Stir into flour mixture and mix just enough to stick
7. Form into a ball and turn out on a lightly floured board.
8. Roll out into a 10-inch circle and fit into a 9-inch layer
9. Spread apricots over bottom of pan.
10. Beat eggs; beat in apricot juice and cheese.
11. Add cinnamon and lemon juice.
12. Pour over top of apricots.
13. Bake for about 30 minutes or until cheese custard is set.
14. Remove from oven and let stand about 10 minutes.
15. Spread sour cream on the flan and sprinkle with additional
cinnamon, if desired.
Calories 198 Calories from Fat 114
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 13 g19.8%
Saturated Fat 7.3 g36.3%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 91.5 mg30.5%
Sodium 207.2 mg8.6%
Total Carbohydrates 15 g4.9%
Dietary Fiber 0.92 g3.7%
Sugars 4.6 g
Protein 6 g13%
Vitamin A 19.1% Vitamin C 5.6%
Calcium 6.4% Iron 5.5%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet