|Shortcrust pastry||1⁄4 Pound (100 Gram)|
|Fresh spinach||1 Pound (450 Gram)|
|Cottage cheese||8 Ounce (1 Carton, 225 Gram)|
|Parmesan cheese||1 Ounce, grated (25 Gram)|
|Single cream||4 Tablespoon|
|Pepper||To Taste, milled|
|Pepper||To Taste, freshly milled|
1) Preheat oven hot to 400°F, 200°C or Gas No. 6.
2) Wash spinach several times in cold water to clean thoroughly.
3) Remove the centre stalk from each leaf.
3) Roll the prepared pastry thinly,
4) Line an 8-inch (20-cm) quiche tin or a flan ring set on a baking tray.
5) Trim edges and with a fork hole the base of flan.
6) Put a piece of crumpled kitchen foil at the centre.
7) Keep at the centre of oven and bake for about 10 minutes.
8) Discard the foil after before the end of the cooking time.
9) In a saucepan add spinach.
10) Cover and cook over moderate heat for about 10-15 minutes.
11) Drain cooked spinach. Press to squeeze excess moisture.
12) Chop spinach finely.
13) In a mixing basin sieve cottage cheese.
14) Add spinach, eggs, Parmesan cheese and cream. Mix well.
15) Sprinkle salt, pepper and add the nutmeg.
16) Fill mixture into the pastry case and spread evenly.
17) Put in oven at moderate hot and bake for 30 minutes.
18) Serve warm with sliced tomatoes tossed in oil and vinegar dressing.