|Milk||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Knox gelatin||2 Ounce (2 Packages)|
|Sugar||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Dry sherry||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Whipping cream||1 Pint|
|Lady fingers||11 Ounce (1 Package)|
1) In the top portion of a double boiler, combine 1/2 cup of milk and gelatin.
2) Heat slowly to dissolve the gelatin.
3) To this, add the remaining milk.
4) In a bowl, combine egg yolks and sugar.
5) Over this mix, pour the milk-gelatin mixture, stirring well.
6) Return to heat until the mix thickens, enough to coat a spoon.
7) Then, add sherry.
8) Remove from heat.
9) To the mix, add whipping cream, followed by egg whites.
10) Place the dish over cold water until it begins to congeal.
11) Into a loaf pan lined with lady fingers, pour this mixture and serve fresh.