Egg N' Strawberry Custard
|Milk||4 Cup (64 tbs)|
|Heavy cream||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Egg yolks||6 , lightly beaten|
|Sugar||1 1⁄4 Cup (20 tbs)|
|Flour||1 1⁄2 Tablespoon|
|Fresh strawberries||2 Pint|
|Unsweetened chocolate square||1|
1) To prepare meringues, in a pan, scald milk.
2) In a bowl, beat egg whites until frothy.
3) To this, add 3/4 cup of sugar followed by 1/4 tea spoon of salt, beating stiffly.
4) Into the hot milk in the pan, drop 3 mounds of meringue, leaving a gap of 1 inch in between each.
5) Cook this for 5 minutes. With a slotted spoon, turn once in between.
6) On a paper towel, drain this.
7) Repeat the process for the rest of the meringue. Reserve the left over milk.
8) Refrigerate thoroughly.
9) To prepare custard, in a double boiler, scald cream with vanilla.
10) To this add the milk used for meringues.
11) Meanwhile to the beaten yolks, add 1/2 cup of sugar and 1/4 tea spoon of salt and flour.
12) To this, add a little of the cream and milk mixture.
13) Into the rest of the cream-milk mixture, stir these.
14) Cook everything over hot water (but not boiling) while stirring constantly, till the sauce is thick enough to coat the spoon.
15) Keep the sauce and meringue in refrigerator, till 20 minutes before serving time.
16) Into the serving dish, place sliced strawberries.
17) Over the strawberries, place the chilled meringue.
18) On top, pour the custard sauce.
19) Cut in a little chocolate over all these and serve immediately.