Quick Egg Custard
|Milk||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Sugar||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Nutmeg||1 Dash, ground|
1. In a 2-cup measure, pour the milk.
2. Heat the milk in the microwave for 3 to 3 1/2 minutes at High, until scalded but not boiling.
3. In a 1 1/2-quart casserole beat the eggs, sugar, vanilla and salt together.
4. Slowly blend hot milk into egg mixture.
5. Sprinkle nutmeg on top.
6. In the microwave, cook, covered with waxed paper, for 10 to 12 minutes on power 3 or Low, until the custard is set with a soft center, rotating twice.
7. Cool a little and then chill.
8. Serve when it is firm.