|Sugar||4 Ounce (1/2 Cup)|
|Milk||1⁄2 Pint, scalded|
|Vanilla bean/1 teaspoon vanilla essence||1 Inch|
1. In a bowl, mix egg yolks, salt and sugar together.
2. Slowly add cream and scaled milk. Add the vanilla bean in case you are using.
3. Cook in top part either in a bowl over hot water or in double boiler until mixture coats spoon. Keep stirring properly.
4. Remove from heat and allow it to cool.
5. Take out vanilla bean from the pan.
6. Serve hot in a serving dish.
Calories 294 Calories from Fat 57
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 6 g9.3%
Saturated Fat 3.3 g16.3%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 146.9 mg49%
Sodium 148.4 mg6.2%
Total Carbohydrates 56 g18.6%
Dietary Fiber 0.4 g1.6%
Sugars 42.3 g
Protein 5 g9.5%
Vitamin A 5.5% Vitamin C
Calcium 15.1% Iron 1.8%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet