Baked Vanilla Custard
|Milk||2 1⁄2 Cup (40 tbs)|
1) Preheat oven to 375°F.
2) In a bowl, beat egg yolks and whites with 2 tablespoons superfine sugar, salt and vanilla.
3) In a saucepan, heat milk without boiling.
4) Gradually pour milk into the egg mixture by constant stirring.
5) Use a well-buttered soufflé dish to strain the mixture.
6) Place the dish in a baking pan and fill the baking pan with little amount of cold water.
7) Place the pan inside the oven to bake for about 1 hour, or until the custard sets and the top becomes golden brown.
8) Dust with a little sugar to serve.
Calories 169 Calories from Fat 104
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 12 g17.9%
Saturated Fat 6 g30%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 207.3 mg69.1%
Sodium 152.2 mg6.3%
Total Carbohydrates 8 g2.8%
Dietary Fiber 0 g
Sugars 7.9 g
Protein 9 g17.1%
Vitamin A 9.1% Vitamin C
Calcium 18.1% Iron 2.6%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet