Baked Vanilla Custard
|Milk||2 1⁄2 Cup (40 tbs)|
1) Preheat oven to 375°F.
2) In a bowl, beat egg yolks and whites with 2 tablespoons superfine sugar, salt and vanilla.
3) In a saucepan, heat milk without boiling.
4) Gradually pour milk into the egg mixture by constant stirring.
5) Use a well-buttered soufflé dish to strain the mixture.
6) Place the dish in a baking pan and fill the baking pan with little amount of cold water.
7) Place the pan inside the oven to bake for about 1 hour, or until the custard sets and the top becomes golden brown.
8) Dust with a little sugar to serve.