1. Preheat oven at 420 degrees Fahrenheit for 20 minutes.
2. In a bowl, toss the asparagus with sea salt and olive oil and pop into the oven for 20 minutes.
3. Remove from oven and let it rest for 20 minutes.
4. Chop the asparagus and add to food processor and puree.
5. Sieve the puree to remove any lumps.
6. In a bowl, whisk together the milk, eggs, nutmeg and a cup of the asparagus puree.
7. Add the mix to a tray and pop into the oven for 15 minutes in a water-bath.
8. The flan is done wit the edges start to break away from the tray.
Wonder how to use your asparagus, take a look at this excellent video that shares an outstanding recipe for asparagus flan. Bob McDiarmid also shares an interesting history and transition of modern day flan. Try out this fantastic recipe this weekend and have a great family time!