Quick Egg Custard
|Milk||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Eggs||4 , beaten|
|Sugar||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Vanilla extract||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Ground nutmeg||1 Pinch|
1. Grease 6 (6 ounce) microwave proof custard cups or small dishes.
2. In a small (1 quart) microwave proof bowl, heat the milk in the microwave for about 4 minutes until hot but not boiling.
3. In a medium bowl, combine eggs, sugar and vanilla and beat lightly only until well blended
4. Gradually add the hot milk to the egg mixture, stirring constantly.
5. Strain the custard mixture, equally into the greased cups.
6. Sprinkle a little nutmeg on each.
7. Arrange the cups in a circle, on a microwave tray.
8. Microwave on MEDIUM power for about 8 to 9 minutes, until firm around the edges and slightly wobbly in the center.
9. Remove and let stand until cooled and set.
10. Serve the custard warm or cool, in the cups.