Cheese And Tomato Flans
|Cheese pastry||6 Ounce|
|For the filling|
|Grated cheddar cheese||2 Ounce|
|Chopped parsley||2 Tablespoon (For Garnish)|
1) Preheat oven to 400°F. - Gas Mark 6.
2) Thinly roll out the pastry on a lightly floured board.
3) Use a saucer to cut out large circles of pastry.
4) Fit the round pastry sheets into 2 greased individual flan tins, without stretching the sheets.
5) Use a fork to prick the base.
6) Place a piece of crumpled kitchen foil at the center and place in the centre of a hot oven to bake for 6-8 minutes, until lightly browned and baked.
7) Plunge all but one tomato into the boiling water for a minute. Drain water, peel, deseed and chop coarsely.
8) Place the tomato flesh and grated cheese over the base of each flan.
9) In a bowl, beat in egg and milk by seasoning with salt and pepper.
10) Pour into the pie, filling each one to the brim.
11) Place the pies back to the oven at the center.
12) Reduce heat to (355°F. - Gas Mark 4) and bake for 20 minutes, or until the filling has set.
13) Garnish with the remaining tomato, sliced, and a little chopped parsley.