|Milk||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Sugar||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Egg yolks||6 , beaten|
|Unflavored gelatin||1 1⁄2 Tablespoon|
|Whipping cream||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Almond flavor||1 Teaspoon|
|Shaved almonds||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
1) Chop the almonds coarsely.
2) Combine the milk, sugar, egg yolks.
3) Place a lid and gently cook, stirring, till thickened.
4) Add in the vanilla.
5) Soak the gelatin in little milk, and add a little of the hot custard.
6) Stir till the gelatin dissolves.
7) Mix together the two mixtures along with the vanilla and almond flavoring and allow to cool.
8) When thick, gently fold in the whipped cream.
9) Transfer to a serving dish and refrigerate for two hours.
10) Garnish with shaved almonds and serve.