Kipper Meringue Flan
|Shortcrust pastry||6 Ounce, made (I.E. Made With 6 Ounce Flour Etc)|
|Kipper fillet||7 1⁄2 Ounce (Packet, Boil In The Bag)|
|Cheddar cheese||3 Ounce, grated|
|Eggs||2 , separated|
|Freshly ground black pepper||To Taste|
1) According to pack instructions, prepare kippers.
2) Drain them and also skin them.
3) Take a 7 1/2 inch flan ring and place it on baking sheet.
4) Line the flan ring with the rolled out pastry.
5) Bake the pastry at 400 degree F for approximately 25 minutes.
6) Mix the kippers along with 2 oz cheese, milk and egg yolk.
7) Mash the mixture and place it as the base of the flan.
8) Serve the flan with salt and pepper.
9) Kippers are already salty therefore use salt in less quantity.