1) Preheat the oven to 120°C / 250°F / Gas Mark 1/2.
2) In a small saucepan, gently heat the lemon rind, bay leaves until it boiling point. Turn off the heat and leave for about 2 hours.
3) Whisk the egg yolk , sugar and eggs together until creamy pale, then whisk in the lemon juice. Strain the cream mixture into a bowl and blend well.
4) In 8 individual ramekin dishes, pour the custard and place over a baking sheet.
5) Bake in the preheated oven for 50 minutes or until firm. Cool and refrigerate until needed.