Treasure Winter Custard
|Milk||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Candied fruit mixed peel/Any combination of chopped apricots, prunes, figs, dates, peaches and pears||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
1. In a bowl beat the eggs with the sugar and cinnamon.
2. Let the milk warm with the cloves and allspice berries.
3. Mix in the milk into the eggs, among 6 small ramekins divide the fruits and pour the milk and egg mixture over the top.
4. Let it steam for 20 minutes.
They can either be cooked in a pan of water in the oven.
6. Remove when cool and serve with chopped crystallized ginger.
7. You can also add 1 tablespoon cooked rice to each small ramekin if wished .