|Milk||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Whole eggs/4 egg yolks||3|
1. Prepare a double boiler. Use a sturdy 2- or 4-quart sauce pan.
2. Fill the sauce pan with 2 or 3 inches of water and bringing it to a steady boil. Reduce the heat so that the water is just below boiling point
3. Use a heavy-duty metal bowl large enough to fit down into the sauce pan without touching the bottom.
4. Combine the whole eggs, egg yolks, honey and salt in the bowl
5. Gradually pour the hot milk into the bowl, stirring continuously to prevent the eggs from coagulating.
6. Once milk and eggs have blended, fit the metal bowl down into the saucepan with simmering water.
7. Cook the custard on a low flame, stirring constantly, until the mixture thickens enough to coat the back of the spoon.
8. Remove metal bowl from the heat and stir in the vanilla extract.
9. Pour the custard into a sauce boat or a glass jug and chill in the refrigerator.
10. Serve the custard sauce.
Calories 115 Calories from Fat 53
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 6 g9.1%
Saturated Fat 2.6 g13.1%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 135.9 mg45.3%
Sodium 126.8 mg5.3%
Total Carbohydrates 10 g3.3%
Dietary Fiber 0.01 g0.05%
Sugars 9.9 g
Protein 7 g13.4%
Vitamin A 4.8% Vitamin C 0.05%
Calcium 11.8% Iron 3.3%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet