Marilyn S Creme Brulee
|Sugar||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Heavy cream||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Caramel topping||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Brown sugar||8 Tablespoon|
1. Preheat oven to 350°.
2. Preheat the broiler.
3. Take a medium sized bowl, blend sugar and eggs well.
4. Take a heavy 1-quart saucepan and heat cream till it reaches boiling point.
5. Mix vanilla.
6. Add cream mixture, stirring continuously and slowly, into the egg mixture.
7. Take 6 ounce custard cups or 8 ramekins and add 1 tbsp caramel topping.
8. Spread cream mixture and egg on caramel topping.
9. Take a 13x9x2-inch baking pan and arrange custard cups or ramekins on the oven rack.
10. Add hot water to the pan to about 1 inch.
11. Bake for an hour or till knife inserted comes out clean.
12. Take out ramekins and keep in the refrigerator immediately and allow to chill for a minimum of 3 hours.
13. Top each ramekin with 1 tbsp sugar.
14. Broil at a distance of 3 inch from heat till sugar melts or for about 15 seconds.
15. Allow to chill till served.
16. Serve chilled.