Chocolate Creme Brulee
|Heavy cream||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Milk||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Bittersweet chocolate/Semisweet chocolate||6 Ounce|
|Egg yolks||6 Large|
|Granulated sugar||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Dark brown sugar||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
1. Preheat oven to 325 °F
2. Grease 8 oven proof ramekin molds, with oil or butter.
3. Use a small, heavy bottomed saucepan,
4. Combine cream and milk in the saucepan.
5. Scald over medium heat.
6. Take pan off the heat and add the chocolate, stirring until it has melted and combined with the cream.
7. In a medium size glass bowl, beat eggs along with sugar until well blended.
8. Pour the chocolate cream into the eggs, stirring continuously to prevent the eggs from coagulating.
9. Place the ramekin molds in a baking tray.
10. Pour the custard into the 8 prepared ramekin molds.
11. Create a bath by pouring boiling water in the baking tray, covering 2/3 of the sides of the molds.
12. Carefully place the baking pan with the ramekins on an oven rack in the preheated oven.
13. Bake the crèmes for 20-25 minutes or until the custards are set and a knife comes out clean when inserted in the centre of the ramekin.
14. Remove from the oven and allow the custards to cool.
15. If not using immediately, refrigerate covered until required.
16. Before serving, remove custards from refrigerator 15 minutes before service time.
17. Heat a broiler.
18. Sprinkle brown sugar on top of custards and place them under the broiler just until the sugar caramelizes and forms a hard crust.
19. Serve hot, in the ramekins, on a dessert plate along with a dessert spoon.
Calories 400 Calories from Fat 236
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 27 g41.4%
Saturated Fat 15.7 g78.7%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 203.3 mg67.8%
Sodium 36.1 mg1.5%
Total Carbohydrates 40 g13.4%
Dietary Fiber 1.3 g5%
Sugars 36.9 g
Protein 5 g9%
Vitamin A 17.1% Vitamin C 0.45%
Calcium 8.3% Iron 5.5%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet